- Adjustable Stereo X/Y Microphone
- Can Record 4 Tracks Simultaneously
- 2 x XLR / 1/4″ Combination Input Jacks
- 3.5mm Mic Input with 2.5V Plug-In Power
- 28 & 48V Phantom Power
- Record & Play WAV & MP3 Formats
- AD/DA Conversion up to 24-Bit / 96 kHz
- Built-In Metronome and Chromatic Tuner
- 2-In/2-Out Interface via USB
- Rubberized Body with Locking XLR Jacks
A portable recording device and a 2-channel USB interface in one palm-sized unit, the H4n Pro Handy Recorder from Zoom features a stereo X/Y microphone capable of handling 140 dB SPL, as well as two low-noise preamps with locking combination XLR / 1/4″ inputs, multiple recording modes, on-board effects, a built-in metronome, a chromatic tuner, and more. As such, it’s suitable not only for film-audio capture, podcasting, and field interviews, but for the creation and editing of multitracked audio in conjunction with DAWs.
The H4n Pro can record up to four simultaneous channels of audio at resolutions and sample rates higher than CD-quality, capturing sound sources in WAV and MP3 formats. It utilizes an SDHC card for storage and a USB connection for transferring material to your computer. A pair of standard AA batteries powers the device, and can provide up to 12 hours of continuous recording in Stamina mode (using NiMH 2450 mAh batteries).